School of the Art Institute of Chicago
– 20 pounds of ground coffee
– A clear, concise recording of a coffee maker, booming loudly throughout the space.
– 6 Chinese paper scrolls hung from the ceiling down into trays of hot water and coffee grounds.
– The room is hot and damp. Overall, a feeling of the inside of a temple.
– Water wicks up the paper: coffee water drawings
– Delighting in our daily rituals that make our life rich.
*My morning coffee*
All sound files on this website are abbreviated versions of the actual installation.